Saturday, July 14, 2012

Exquisite

I have been working on a lot of private pieces for clients, which explains my absence. In fact, though I promised myself I would slow down a bit, I went and scheduled two new submissions to shows coming up. One is for the "Exquisite Corpse" show KALEID gallery in San Jose, CA opening today! "Mermaid with a Crab" is a piece I created for it also ties into this week's Illustration Friday theme "lost". How you say? Well, the blowfish in the piece obviously have not the slightest clue where they are going. A little bit of a stretch, but who said the theme had to fit the entire illustration? Why not just part of it?

"Mermaid with a Crab", 18"x24", watercolor

Funny enough, I did not do this next part on purpose, those two same lost fish will also be in the latest illustration I am working on for F+ Gallery's music themed show in Santa Ana, CA next month. They are just red/orange blobs at the moment, due to some fast underpainting. I will be selling prints of the finished tiki piece at Tiki Oasis this year, as well as other mermaid works and a new set of Christmas cards (tiki themed of course). Visit the Mele Tiki Guys booth!

WIP, acrylic

After these shows, the month of September remains clear (as far as I know) because I'm going to be in my best friend's wedding! Then October will come around with the revival of Burn The Witch (This year's VI: Out of the Ashes)! Yes! We are back, and this time it will be back at The Empty Space Gallery in Bakersfield, CA! I know I will have at least one original there, because the following month I have "They Come From My Dreams" solo show exhibiting at The Foundry! Oi! I know! Not only that, but I have at least 3 commissions to do as well! It is awesome to be so busy, but difficult with a nearly walking little one.

Here's to living the dream!

<3,
Sey


No comments:

Post a Comment